Substitute "Guest Employees" Personnel
November 5, 2013IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
The Valley View School District is now hiring substitute teachers for the 2013-2014 school year. We will begin reviewing applicants for a second round of interviews in December/January. If you are a chosen candidate, we will contact you for an interview. Thank you for your interest in our district. Have an enjoyable, relaxing, and happy Thanksgiving!
Daily Rate Change for Long-Term Guest Teachers – Effective November 1, 2013
The Valley View School District is implementing a daily rate change for guest teachers who are working in a long-term assignment (the same position) for more than 20 days. Effective November 1, 2013, Guest Teachers who are actively working in a long-term assignment for more than 20 days, will receive a daily pay increase on the 21st day and thereafter of $200/day.
Daily Rate Changes for Guest Employees for the 2010-2011 School Year
The Valley View School District has made changes in the daily rate for our various substitute groups. Below are the new daily rates for all guest employees:
- Guest Teachers: Daily Rate - $105.00 per day (full-day assignment)
- Guest Teacher Aides: Daily Rate - $78.00 per day (full-day assignment)
- Substitute Maintenance: Daily Rate - $16.28 per hour
- Substitute Lunchroom/Playground Aides: Daily Rate - $10.00 per hour
- Substitute Secretaries: Daily Rate - $12.50 per hour
- Substitute Security: Daily Rate - $10.71 per hour
- Substitute Nurse: Daily Rate - $20.78 per hour
The Valley View C.U.S.D. School District 365U has a variety of positions within the district that require Guest Employees (substitutes) from time to time. If you are interested in learning more about our substitute positions, please continue reading….
- All Substitute "Guest Employees" are called on an "as-needed basis" and we cannot guarantee when work will be available.
- All Substitute "Guest Employees" should complete an online application, submit a resume, and a copy of any required certification that is requested. These applications will be reviewed on a quarterly basis or on an as-needed basis, references will be called and candidates chosen to be interviewed will be contacted by the Human Resources Department.
- Once you have been approved to substitute for the Valley View School District 365U, you must complete an orientation with the Human Resources Department, complete a criminal background check and submit a TB test. Some substitute positions require additional training. Candidates will not be paid for the training sessions and they must be completed before the applicant can begin subbing.