- Valley View CUSD 365U
- Back to School Online Reference Guide
Back to School Online Family Reference Guide
The beginning of a new year always brings exciting opportunities for growth and discovery. It also brings new opportunities to adapt together to meet our children’s needs, no matter what challenges come our way.
This webpage is filled with important information that will prepare you for the student registration process and help you prepare your students for the coming year. Our VVSD staff is eagerly awaiting the opportunity to welcome students back to our learning environment. Please stay connected to our website and social media for the most updated information on the beginning of the new school year. Thank you for your continued partnership!
Infinite Campus Parent Portal & Mobile App
Valley View School District's student information system is Infinite Campus. This system includes Family / Parent and Student Portals which provide families and students with real-time access to homework, grades, attendance, behavior, student fees and more. Families and students can access their portals via a secure website or an app on iOS/Android devices.
Visit www.vvsd.org/portal and create your personal username and password using your activation code. If you do not have this available, please contact your student's school. Then download the Campus Parent app to use the new account for instant access on any mobile device. If you are new to the District, contact your student's school for your Infinite Campus Activation Code. Use the Quick Start Guide below to get started with accessing all the key information regarding your student's school information.
Student Portal Instructions - English | Spanish
Family Portal Instructions - English | Spanish
Family Portal Quick Start Guide - English | Spanish
Family Portal Welcome Letter (back of student report card)
Campus Portal: Family - Video Tutorial
Campus Portal: Student - Video Tutorial
Student & Family / Parent Portal Complete Guide
Infinite Campus Mobile App for iOS Devices
If you move, contact the Enrollment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to update your address. To avoid a delay in registration, changes must be made BEFORE you register. Please email or call the Enrollment Office to update your household information.
The following documents need to be included in the email or presented at the time of your appointment. For questions, regarding special circumstances, please email or call the Enrollment Office.
- Photo ID of the parent or guardian
- Signed lease or mortgage statement for the current school year
- Current utility bill or business mail in the name of the parent/guardian
If you moved out of district, please contact the school to withdraw your child.
If the District has received returned mail for your family, you will be required to show two proofs of residency to continue enrollment within our schools.
Residency Verification - Proof of Current Address
Residency Verification for the current school year is required for ALL students attending or receiving services from Valley View Schools, regardless of current information on file.
However, if your address or guardianship has changed for your student, you MUST contact the Enrollment Office with the new information prior to registration. Please send an email to email@example.com with the proper legal documentation to add a guardian or call 815-886-2700 for more information.
All families must submit one of the following documents in the parent/guardian name to register. This must match the current address on file for the student.
- Signed Lease for current school year
- Mortgage Statement (current)
- Utility bill or business mail dated within the last 30 days
- Property Tax Bill (from previous year)
Students will not be allowed to register or attend school without verifying their current address. Students cannot register unless their address and guardianship information is current.
Online Registration is the most convenient choice for VVSD families. Start now by clicking the link below.
- Available 24 hours/7 days a week
- Upload documents with a click of a button
- Enroll new students and register current students all at once
- Complete registration now, then pay fees in July
It is expected that all students are registered (have fees paid and class assignment in hand) before the first day of school.
Please refer to individual school mailing information for more details and specific dates/times for registration. Teacher assignments, student schedules, IDs and locker assignments will be communicated after the registration process is complete. Call your child’s school with any questions.
Online Registration Guide
Follow these simple steps to complete Back to School Registration online and save time!
- Log into the Infinite Campus Parent Portal at www.vvsd.org/portal.
To activate a new account, select "New User?" and enter your activation key code. If you have issues activating your account, please contact the school.
- From the Menu bar to the left of your screen, click “More.”
- Select “Online Registration” then click “Begin Registration.”
- Enter your full name to verify, then click “Submit.”
- Complete each section listed, then click “Save”
Click "Save" throughout the process to save a draft. Before submitting your application, save a copy by selecting the Application Summary PDF.
- Once all sections are complete, click “Submit.”
After you submit your information, look for an email letting you know the status of your submission. In July, you will be able to pay your school fees.
The following student fees are required of all students attending or receiving services from Valley View Public Schools. These fees are due at or before Back to School Registration. Required student fees must be paid BEFORE any additional or optional class fees are applied.
Pay School Fees Online!
Log into Infinite Campus at www.vvsd.org/portal then click “Fees.” Contact your school if you need to activate your Parent Portal account.
Fee Payment Information
- Online payments are preferred. Acceptable forms of payment are: check, money order, debit card, or credit card. NO CASH PLEASE.
- If paying by check, enter your child’s student ID number in the memo field and make payable to VVSD.
- All money collected will be applied to oldest fees first.
- Money left in your student’s account at the end of the school year will be rolled over into a beginning balance in their account for the next school year, unless a written request for a refund is received from a parent before June 30.
- No checks will be accepted after March 31.
- Valley View School District contracts with a collection agency to actively pursue payment on all unpaid student fees.
- Non-sufficient fund checks will result in a $20 service fee for each occurrence. Families with outstanding NSF checks must pay by money order or credit card.
- No refunds under $25 will be given.
- Refunds are only issued for Instructional Resource fees. Registration Fees are non-refundable.
Fees for Students Receiving Special Services
Students who attend an outside facility, homeschooled, receive speech or ESL services only, are required to pay registration fees only at their home school. Registration fees for the students described above are in accordance with the student’s grade level.
Free Lunch Program Fee Waivers
*If your child is approved for the Free Lunch Program prior to the first day of school, only Instructional Resource Fees and Driver’s Education Fees will be waived and deducted from the total fees owed at the time of registration. If approved for the free lunch program after the first day of school, the amount waived for the INSTRUCTIONAL RESOURCE FEE is prorated. Driver’s Education fee is not prorated.
Early Bird Discount
**The purpose of the Early Bird Discount is to encourage all students to complete the registration process before the first day of school. A Non-Discounted Registration Fee will be applied for each student who fails to register at or before Back to School Registration. NOTE: Students new to the district enrolling after the first day of school will be eligible for this discount within 30 school days of the first attended day.
Additional & Optional Fees
Valley View Schools offer various services, materials and programs that are optional but do carry fees. They are separate from the required school fees and are subject to change. Required student fees must be paid BEFORE any additional or optional class fees are applied. Additional or optional fees may not be refundable. The optional programs and fees are as follows.
Middle School Fees
- Summer Band: $55
- Band Instrument Rental: $55
- Band Uniform Rental & Cleaning: $35
- P.E./Band Lock (additional or replacement): $6
- P.E. Uniform: TBD
- Competitive Sport: $70 (Fee must be paid in full before the first game or competition in order to participate. There are no refunds after date of 1st competition. Max. $175 if multi-sport student.)
- Non-Competitive Activity Fee: $40 (Max. $100 if multi-activity student.)
- Yearbook Fee: TBD
High School Fees
- Adventure Ed P.E. Class: $60
- Band Instrument Rental: $55
- Band Uniform Rental & Cleaning: $40
- Concert Band & Choir Dress Fee: $15
- Course Materials: TBD
- Drivers Education: $250 (Additional fees not paid by due date will result in student being dropped from class.)
- Parking Permit: $125 (optional for Juniors and Seniors only)
- P.E./Band Lock (additional or replacement): $6
- P.E. Uniform: TBD
- Competitive Activity: $70 (Fee must be paid in full before the first game or competition in order to participate. There are no refunds after date of 1st competition. Max. $175 if multi-activity student.)
- Competitive Sport: $135 (Fee must be paid in full before the first game or competition in order to participate. There are no refunds after date of 1st competition. Max. $325 if multi-sport student.)
- Yearbook Fee: TBD
Multi-Student Family Credit on Registration Fees
A family credit will be automatically applied to registration fees owed for families that have three or more students actively enrolled in Valley View Public Schools. The credit will be applied when the registration fees are assessed, immediately reducing the fees owed for each student. The credit does not consider students enrolled in Pre-School tuition-based programs. There would be no additional paperwork required to be filled out by the parent or guardian. The credit would be applied as follows:
- Elementary Students (Grades PK-5): $10 per student registration fee credit
- Middle School Students (Grades 6-8): $15 per student registration fee credit
- High School Students (Grades 9-12): $20 per student registration fee credit
Why is the district offering the multistudent credit?
The Board of Education has approved a fee credit in order to help defray the cost of school fees for families in the community with three or more actively enrolled students.
Which families are eligible for the multistudent credit?
Families where the primary guardian has 3 or more students actively enrolled in Valley View schools (where all students associated with that guardian name share one residential address) will get the credit applied to each active student’s registration fee. The credit does not consider students enrolled in Pre-School tuition-based programs.
Do I need to apply for the credit in order to receive it for all my students?
No. Each family will be evaluated to determine if there are three or more actively enrolled students linked to that guardian.
Will I be able to see the amount that is applied to my student’s fee account so I can verify I received it?
Yes. The item will show as an adjustment on your fee statement.
What if my family structure has changed during the school year? Are my students eligible for the credit?
Yes. If the structure of the family changes over the course of the year, the credit will be applied to all active students in the family once the Enrollment Office has completed the registration process and the new student in the family has begun attending a Valley View assigned attendance center. No forms are required to receive the credit in this situation. The credit does not qualify for a fee refund.
My family registered three or more students in the district AFTER school has started. Will my student receive the full credit amount?
Yes. The full credit is applied at any point of the school year.
What if families have dual guardianship situations for actively enrolled students?
In this situation, the guardianship documentation will need to be reviewed and evaluated to determine if it meets the credit criteria.
Valley View School District houses and educates over 15,000 students in the Bolingbrook and Romeoville communities. By law we are required to ensure that all students are immunized per state and federal guidelines. Beyond that, we care that all of our students feel their best and are given the best opportunity to learn.
Student Health History Form
The Student Health History Form is required at time of registration for every student each year. Health conditions change as children grow, which is why this form is vital to keeping our nursing staff informed about your child. This form will be mailed home with fee letters in July. Home managed medical care such as medications taken at home should be noted on this form in the event of an emergency requiring medical attention at school.
Any student entering Preschool, Kindergarten, 6th grade or 9th grade, must submit a completed physical examination form at the beginning of the school year. Children in self-contained special education programs where grade levels are not assigned must provide completed physical examinations within one (1) year prior to the school year in which the child reaches the age of five (5), eleven (11), or fifteen (15). All physicals must be submitted for Preschool, Kindergarten, 6th and 9th grade students by October 15, 2022 and all MUST:
- show proof of diabetes screening/evaluation
- show proof of lead screening/evaluation (Preschool and Kindergarten)
- be signed and dated by a physician
- have the parent portion on the back side of the physical filled in and signed by parent/guardian to meet the Illinois Department of Public Health compliance guidelines
- have the latest revised version of the Illinois Department of Public Health Certificate of Child Health Examination (rev. 11/15) which is the only recognized form to be submitted to school for medical compliance
Sports Physicals are required annually if participating in sports. The required physical exam for 6th and 9th grade students will suffice for a sport physical but a sport physical WILL NOT suffice for the required 6th and 9th grade physical exam.
Health records are reviewed routinely for all grade levels. Anyone not in compliance at any grade level is subject to exclusion from school on October 15, 2022. The student’s Parent/Guardian will be contacted, by the school nurse, if your child is not in compliance due to missing physicals and/or immunizations. The Illinois Department of Public Health requires that all students who are not in compliance (missing physical or immunizations) will be EXCLUDED FROM SCHOOL on October 15, 2022.
It is the District’s utmost priority to keep the entire school community safe and healthy during this pandemic. As such, the District intends to adhere to the guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE), and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Joint Guidance Document regarding proper attendance and quarantine procedures. For more information, please visit www.vvsd.org for up to date information.
In addition to School Code Section 665.210 Proof of Immunizations, immunization requirements are as follows:
ALL Grade Levels
- Measles, mumps, rubella (1 dose for PreK, 2 doses for K-12 & STEP)
- Varicella/chicken pox (1 dose for PreK, 2 doses or proof of disease occurrence for K-12 & STEP)
- Polio (completed series)
- DTP or DTaP (for Pre-K through 5th grade) Tdap or Td (6th-12 & STEP)
- Hepatitis B (completed series)
- Hib & Pneumococcal Conjugate (completed series)
6-12 & STEP
- Meningococcal vaccine
Students (as eligible by State of Illinois guidelines)
- COVID vaccine (this is not required but highly encouraged)
Student Health Forms
Visit www.vvsd.org/health for additional Health Information and official forms including: Allergy History Form, Medication at School, Eye & Dental Examinations, Exemptions, Physical Education, Dietary Considerations
Breakfast and Lunch are freshly prepared on site daily in each school in our District by our professionally trained and certified Nutrition Services team.
Please visit our webpage at www.vvsd.org/food to:
- View school menus
- View nutrition & allergen info
- Pay online & check balances
- Apply for Free/Reduced Meals
- Contact your school’s kitchen manager
Applying for Free & Reduced Meals may also provide benefits like discounted Internet Access Services, reduced AP Test Registration Fees, maintains School Funding for Programs & Services, and discounted College Application Fees.
VVSD Families who live more than 1.5 miles from their school will receive information via mail before school begins regarding their bus route pick up and drop off times. If an alternative location is needed, a parent /guardian must complete the form and agreement found on our webpage at www.vvsd.org/transportation.
All students are assigned to bus stops based upon their home address. If you move during the school year, please contact the district Enrollment Office first to process an address change.
Our Paid Transportation Program is available for students who live under 1.5 miles from their school. Requests are accepted beginning July 1. Prices are as follows:
- One Child: $575.00/year or $287.50/semester
- Two or More Children: $1150.00/year or $575.00/semester
Technology & Student Devices
All VVSD Students are provided with either a Google Tablet (PreK - Grade 1) or a Google Chromebook (Grades 2-12+). All devices come with a protective case and charger, and provide web content filtering to ensure compliance with the Child Internet Protection Act (CIPA).
All VVSD Middle and High School Students will have access to a district Gmail account, for use only with other VVSD students, VVSD staff and approved third parties.
Contact our Student & Family Helpdesk for any issues with your Chromebook, Tablet or chargers, including lost or stolen devices. If assistance is needed with Infinite Campus or Internet connectivity please contact your student's school.
VVSD Technology Student & Family Helpdesk
Office Hours: Monday- Friday
7:30 am-4:00 pm
Click here to view the digital version of the Back to School Book that was mailed to VVSD households.