During our time of being out of school the dean would like to offer you a few reminders to help you continue to work on being the best version of yourself.
Sometimes having too much unstructured time can allow people to get bored and make bad choices.
The following video links and stories have been added to help you to always remember the Jane Addams traits.
- Be a Leader: https://youtu.be/UQfrcOX5tW4
- What's your leadership style?
- Based on the video, identify 3 -5 leadership traits that you use to be an effective leader?
- Identify 3 - 5 differnt areas of your life that you apply leadership traits.
- Stand-up for what you believe in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmQ8nM7b6XQ
- What do you feel is the best way to fight this virus?
- Have you ever had this virus? If so were you the virus carrier (spreader), the victim of the virus, or both? If you were both, what made you decide to pass the virus along once you caught it? How did it make you feel?
- Devise a plan for 3 -5 things you can do to help stop the spread of this kind of virus.
- Decisions can be hard https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdsCUExLE-Y
- What's your strategy for facing tough decisions?
- Do you make your decisions alone or do you talk them over with someone?
- Identify 3 - 5 people you feel comfortable with helping you make tough decisions. What made you chose the people you identified? Do they each offer you something with your decision making different and if so what?
- Don’t Quit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CQusoJSh0E
- Identify 1 thing in school and 1 thing out of school that you are passionate about.
- How much time do you spend building on your passions?
- Where would you like for your passions to help you go in life?
- Identify 2 -3 three other people that have shared your passions. How far have they been able to go with their shared passion? What was their strategy to success? What is your strategy?
- Identify 3 -5 strategies that you use to overcoming obstacles.
Video 1/2: Use the links to have general dialogue with your child regarding how they would handle or have dealt with cyberbullying.
Discuss with your child what are their humanity passions. Have them identify what they are willing to stand-up for.
Human Rights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6URuYEU-k34