Substitute 'Guest' Employees
Valley View School District (VVSD) has a variety of positions within the district that require Guest Employees (substitutes) from time to time.
- All Guest Employees are called on an as-needed basis; we cannot guarantee when work will be available.
- All Guest Employees should complete an online application, submit a resume, and a copy of any required certification or other documentation that is requested. These applications will be reviewed on a quarterly basis or on an as-needed basis, references will be called and chosen candidates will be contacted by the Human Resources Department.
- Once you have been approved to substitute for VVSD, you must complete an orientation with the Human Resources Department, complete a criminal background check, and submit a TB test and/or physical where applicable. Some substitute positions require additional training. Candidates will not be paid for the training sessions and they must be completed before the applicant can begin subbing.
Attention: Guest Teachers & Guest Teacher Aides
The Valley View School District reviews applicants throughout the year on an as-needed basis. If you are a chosen candidate, we will contact you to schedule an appointment for processing. New Guest Teachers will be required to attend a scheduled VVSD Guest Teacher Training Workshop. The workshop is a full-day training session and candidates are not paid to attend. Guest Teachers must hold a valid Substitute Teaching License, or a Professional Educator License (PEL) registered in Will County Region 56. If you are selected for hire as a Guest Teacher Aide, you must hold a valid Educator License With Stipulations [ELS (PARA)] for paraprofessional.
Attention: Guest Nurses
New Guest Nerses will receive mentoring from one or more building nurses prior to subbing. Guest Nurses must hold a valid State of Illinois Registered Professional Nurse's License and CPR & AED Certification.
Guest Employee Contact Information
Substitute Guest Teachers, Guest Teacher Aides, & Guest NursesValarie Burroughs
Human Resource Technician
(815) 886-2700 ext. 6049
Work Hours: 6:30am - 3:00pmMonday through Friday
Substitute Secretaries, Maintenance, Security, Nutrition Services, & Lunchroom/Playground AidesPatricia Brezina
Executive Secretary for Human Resources
(815) 886-2700 ext. 6048
Work Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Monday through Friday
Daily Rates for Substitutes
Elementary Schools: 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Half-day (AM): 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM
- Half-day (PM): 12:00 PM TO 3:30 PM
Middle Schools: 8:00 AM to 2:40 PM
- Half-day (AM): 8:00 AM to 11:15 AM
- Half-day (PM): 11:15 AM to 2:40 PM
High Schools: 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Half-day (AM): 7:00 AM to 10:15 AM
- Half-day (PM): 10:15 AM to 2:00 PM