We will be serving Emergency Meals during the school closure.
See more details HERE.
Pandemic EBT Application Available
The Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) launched the Pandemic EBT application for families on May 1 at https://abe.illinois.gov/abe/access/. P-EBT is a new special benefit that can help families buy food for their school age children who would normally receive National School Lunch Program (NSLP) free or reduced-priced meals when schools are in session. All families with school age children who attend schools approved for Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) are eligible for the benefits as they receive NSLP meals at no charge.
Families that currently receive SNAP benefits do not need to apply for P-EBT benefits. These additional P-EBT benefits will be loaded into Illinois LINK EBT accounts along with regular SNAP benefits. Families who do not currently receive SNAP benefits but do have children who receive NSLP free or reduced-priced meals will need to apply directly with IDHS. The fastest way for families to receive benefits is to complete the application for P-EBT available online (Click “Apply for Benefits” at the link.) A paper application in English and Spanish is also available and can be submitted by email to DHS.FCS.PEBT@illinois.gov. See attached flyer for more information.
The Nutrition Services Department of the Valley View School District is a nonprofit $8 million dollar a year business. Over 175 part time Nutrition Services professionals take pride in preparing breakfast and lunch for about 18,000 students daily. We prepare food on site in all eighteen of our buildings.
The Nutrition Services program is operated under the federally funded National School Lunch Act and Child Nutrition Act. The federal laws regulating the Nutrition Services programs are administered by the United States Department of Agriculture through the Illinois Department of Education. The USDA is an equal opportunity employer and provider.
We continually strive to improve the nutritional integrity of our breakfast and lunch programs.Want to help?
- Nutritional values of meals are evaluated over a period of a week rather than judged on a single meal or food item.
- Student meals contain adequate calories and a variety of foods to support growth, development, and a healthy weight.
- Purchasing practices ensure the use of high quality ingredients and prepared items to maximize student acceptance. Nutrition Services professionals continue to work with industry to develop these foods.
- Foods are prepared in ways that ensure a balance between optimal nutrition quality and student acceptance.
- Foods offered to students in addition to the school breakfast and lunch will be of optimal nutrition quality.
- The school cafeteria serves as an educational venue to promote good nutrition practices.
DONATE NOW to the VVSD Hunger Free Fund! Please fill out this form to make a donation. You may specify the donation goes to a specific school or district-wide. Donations are placed in an account which is used when a student is in need of a meal but has no balance remaining. If you have any questions contact the VVSD Nutrition Services Dept at Nutritionservices@vvsd.org or 630-771-2931
Nutrition Services Staff & Contact Information
365 Raider Way
Bolingbrook, IL 60440
Phone: (630) 771-2931
Fax: (630) 771-2937General Inquiries:
Meghan Gibbons, RD, LDN, SNS
Director of Nutrition Services
Kate Kloet, RDN, SNS
Assistant Director of Nutrition Services
Executive SecretaryTanisha MisterExecutive Secretary