Change to Payroll Frequency and What It Means to Employees
Effective July 15, 2020 the District is changing to a semi-monthly pay frequency for all employees.
Salaries will be divided and payable in 24 pay periods.
Employees will receive their pay on the 15th and last day of the month. If those days fall on a holiday, Saturday or Sunday, the payday will be the business day immediately preceding a holiday, Saturday or Sunday.
There will be a timing issue in the pay schedules as we move from 26 to 24 pays.
Twelve month employees will receive their final FY20 bi-weekly payroll check on June 19, 2020.
Twelve month employees will receive their first FY21 semi-monthly payroll check of the new fiscal year on July 15, 2020. Please anticipate and prepare for the length of time in between payrolls.
Twelve month employees include Administrators, Professional Technical Employees, Maintenance Support Staff and Executive Secretaries.
Hourly, seasonal summer and substitute employees will be paid on the 15th of the month for work performed during from the 19th to the 2nd of each month. Work performed from the 3rd to the 18th will be paid on the last day of the month. The number of work days in each pay period will vary.
Other Important Information
- The work week for calculating overtime will begin on Monday and end Sunday.
- Co-curricular stipend payroll will follow the semi-monthly payroll calendar.
- Employees who have chosen to receive their pay over the summer will have those payrolls prepared on a biweekly pay frequency. Those payrolls will be distributed June 19, 2020; July 2, 2020, July 15, 2020, July 31, 2020 and August 14, 2020. These employee types include AFT (185 contracted employees) Professional Secretaries, Food Service Managers, Custodians. The first FY21 semi-monthly payroll check of the new fiscal year will be August 31, 2020.
- Assistant Principals and Professional 210 secretaries pay over the summer will have those payrolls prepared on a biweekly pay frequency. Those payrolls will be distributed June 19, 2020; July 2, 2020, and July 15, 2020. The first FY21 semi-monthly payroll check of the new fiscal year will be July 31, 2020.
- Payroll calendars can be found on the Payroll Department Webpage.
- Personal Budget and Payroll Deductions
- Salaries will be divided and paid in 24 pay periods.
- Hourly and substitute employees will want to review the number of work days in each pay period.
- We encourage you to review any bills via auto debit to determine if you need make changes to correspond to the new pay cycle.
- Payroll deductions are taken as a flat dollar deduction or a percentage deduction based on earnings.
- To prepare, review your flat dollar deductions such as additional federal or state tax withholding, credit union, retirement contributions, garnishments or family support. Forms are available on the Payroll Departments Webpage.
- In the Spring of 2020, employees will be able to update their retirement contributions on Retirement Manager via the Payroll Department Webpage.
- For more information, please contact your union representatives or the payroll department.
Payroll Staff & Contact Information
801 W. Normantown Rd.Romeoville, IL 60446
Phone: (815) 886-2700
Fax: (815) 363-3646
Contact Valley View 365U
Amanda P. CallhamPayroll SupervisorMichael ThorsonPayroll AssistantLisa RamagliaPayroll AssistantJacqueline LopezPayroll Assistant