Dr. James A. Mitchem Early Childhood Center
Our mission is to foster the growth and development of ALL children, valuing their diversity, to ensure they are prepared for life, social emotional, and academic success.
Our collaborative staff shares the responsibilities of designing and implementing research‐based, developmentally appropriate, and high‐quality early childhood programs. All children receive an enhanced learning environment with intentional instruction and support based on their individual needs. We believe in partnership between families, staff and the community as the foundation for individual student growth and program success.
· We believe that every child can learn and grow.
· We prepare children to be lifelong learners.
· We share information and resources with families.
· We believe in creating partnerships with families to support their child’s learning.
· We use curriculum and assessments that have been proven to be effective for young learners.
· We believe that social skills are just as important as academic skills and they go hand in hand.
· Children learn best through play and when they are engaged and having fun!Programming for preschool is funded through a variety of sources that include:
- Illinois State Board of Education Preschool For All Grant
- Illinois State Board of Education Preschool For All Expansion Grant
- Local Funding
- Title I
Main Office StaffJacqueline BrownPrincipal
Tionia WilliamsAssistant Principal
Rebecca NovotnySRT LeaderLaura IsraelsonCurriculum CoordinatorJennifer MullaneyCurriculum Coordinator
Melissa ChrisosParent CoordinatorRosalba TrevinoParent Liason
Adriana SalamancaExecutive Secretary
Lynnette QuinonesSpecial Education SecretaryMelissa UrbaSecretaryCarmela MaldonadoSecretary