Phone: (630) 771-2420
Degrees and Certifications:
Eastern Illinois University BS Southern Illinois University Edwardsville MS
Ms. Paula Moore
I am the speech-language pathologist at Pioneer Elementary School. This is my 13th year as a speech-language pathologist and 10th year in the Valley View School District.
I attended Eastern Illinois University (BS) and Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (MS). In addition to being a school based speech-language pathologist, I have also worked at an outpatient pediatric clinic.
You can contact me at email@example.com
So What Do I Do??
Speech-Language Pathologist. Speech Pathologist. Speech Teacher.
Known by many names, people refer to us most often as speech therapists. We work with students with a variety of delays and disorders spanning from mild articulation delays to more complex disorders such as autism, motor speech disorders, and developmental delays.
SLP’s, as we are called for short, are the specialists that help your student with speech, language and communication that is adversely affecting ability to successfully participate in the academic setting.
Areas School SLPs Target:
- Articulation/Speech Intelligibility
- Expressive Language
- Receptive Language
- Speech Fluency/Stuttering
- Social/Pragmatic Language
- Augmentative/Alternative Communication (AAC)
Service Delivery Models:
- Direct: Removed from class for 1:1 or small group services
- Integrated: Seen within the classroom
- Indirect/Consultation: Collaboration with with teachers, parents and/or students to provide strategies and ensure carryover of learned speech-language skills