Benefits ResourcesBoth the federal government and the state government will provide financial assistance and benefits to an individual with a disability if certain criteria are met.
Questions to think about or ask service providers:
- What proof of my disabled condition is required?
- What proof of my financial situation is required?
- What happens to the financial/medical benefits if I get a job?
- How often is my eligibility for benefits reviewed?
- How are benefits affected if I live at home with my parents?
- What do I need to do to keep getting financial benefits?
- What records need to be turned in regularly?
- What changes in my situation need to be reported and when?
This resource center is a “one-stop” center for financial assistance, medical assistance, food stamps, and job services.
This group works in tandem with the Mayor of the City of Chicago's Mayoral office for citizens with disabilities to develop programs which match peer groups of children with appropriate social, recreational, and educational programs.