Responsive Learning Environment
We will provide a safe, secure, and responsive learning environment.
Strategy 3: Embedded Social Emotional Learning
We will develop, execute, and refine a five-year plan to build student social and emotional competencies for college, career, and life readiness.
- Identify priority social-emotional benchmarks at each grade/level to support Life Readiness for all students.
- Strengthen staff social, emotional, and cultural competence by providing and supporting professional development in staff well-being and culturally responsive social-emotional learning.
- Embed instruction of social-emotional standards by integrating essential social-emotional outcomes into unit plans of instruction.
- Embed instruction in digital citizenship to support improved responsible decision-making.
- Provide checkpoints during units of academic instruction for student reflection, self-assessment, and feedback on social-emotional competencies.
- Ensure a MTMDSS system is in place for supporting social emotional needs and skill instruction.
- Communicate desired social-emotional and digital citizenship outcomes to students and families and foster families’ knowledge and tools to support SEL development of students.
- Ensure a data system that allows for goal-setting, progress monitoring, and reporting for students, teachers, departments/teams and schools
Strategy 4: Responsive and Student Centered Learning Environment
We will develop, execute, and refine a five-year plan to ensure an optimal learning environment that is safe, secure, responsive, inclusive and equitable.
- Bring District mission, vision and core values to the forefront by providing professional development to ensure an optimal learning environment that is safe, secure, responsive, inclusive and equitable.
- Develop beliefs to build deeper personal connections and build systems that promote justice and equity.
- Identify strengths and opportunities related to a cycle of continuous improvement through the implementation and analysis of stakeholder voice.
- Build a Collaborative System of Student Supports to promote life readiness for every learner.
- Research, develop, implement, and refine systems for restorative and proactive discipline systems.
- Develop and implement universal safety protocols and threat assessment process.
District News & Videos Clips
Check out what's happening throughout our district to showcase Valley View's Goal 2: Environment.