High Impact Workforce
We will engage staff to ensure a high impact on student outcomes.
Strategy 5: Recruitment, Hiring, Development, and Retention
We will recruit, develop, and retain a high-impact workforce.
- Commit to union and management partnership to ensure positive relations, staff well-being, and to ensure staff feel supported so that they are equipped to successfully meet the diverse needs of students and families.
- Ensure opportunities for recruitment and selection of high quality, diverse staff members are aligned with district goals and initiatives leading to improved educator performance and student growth.
- Provide ongoing support and development to ensure that educators and leaders connect adult actions to the continuous improvement process and student outcomes through mentoring, coaching, and differentiated professional development opportunities.
- Provide continued support and development in utilizing data systems that allow for goal-setting, progress monitoring, and reporting for educators and leaders.
- Collect, monitor, respond to, communicate academic and perception data.
- Recognize and celebrate staff contributions and positive impact on students, staff, and families.
- Provide support for all staff to understand and address barriers of culture, class, disability, and language to close achievement gaps
Strategy 6: Culture of Continuous Improvement
We will develop a culture of continuous improvement with a results orientation through a systematic goal setting process at all levels.
- Develop a clear, specific vision for creating and reaching a sustaining culture of continuous improvement within all Valley View schools.
- Develop Valley View leaders’ understanding and application of the SMART School Improvement Process.
- Assist Valley View leaders in identifying available data sources and enhance learning surrounding the structure of common assessments.
- Implement goal setting practices as determined by the SMART School Improvement Process at grade-level/department level.
- Teams monitor their progress towards the goal and adjust based on the identified indicators.
- Build internal capacity of Valley View educators to plan, engage, and reflect on a process of school system assessments.
- Develop leadership capacity to collect, monitor, respond to, and communicate with staff and families for improved partnerships that will ensure equity in learning.
Valley View’s district strategic plan Strategy #6 emphasizes continuous improvement at all levels. The Romeoville High School leadership team comprised of several teachers and administrators engaged in their monthly continuous improvement work in the newly redesigned LMC. In attendance were other Valley View administrators, who observed the meeting to develop coaching strategies to help all of the district’s schools.
District News & Videos Clips
Check out what's happening throughout our district to showcase Valley View's Goal 3: Staff.